DeepViolet(DV) open source TLS/SSL DAST tool updated to Beta 4. The major improvement for Beta 4 is the addition of an API so Java designers can implement DV features in their own projects.
Following are a summary of improvements for Beta 4.
- Added API support for those who want to use DeepViolet features in their own Java projects. See package com.mps.deepviolet.api
- Added samples package with sample code to demonstrate new API
- Refactored existing code for the command line support and UI to use the new API.
- 2 new command line options for debugging added, -d and -d2. d turns on Java SSL/TLS debugging. -d2 assigns DV debug logging priority.
- Generated JavaDocs for Public APIs, see com.mps.deepviolet.docs
- javadoc.xml added to generate JavaDocs
- Support for dock icon on OSX for the UI